Wednesday, January 15, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 days

~ Paintings #12, #13, and #14 ~

Today I learned to use a fun technique using oil pastels, and an embossing tool. It's called sgraffito. What you need to do is add some layers of colors on your paper, and then add a layer of black on top. With the embossing tool (you can also use a toothpick, or a skewer), you scratch away the layer of black pastel and draw anything you like. For best results, it's best is to use a smooth support, and try to make sure the colors cover the whole surface before adding the black.
I got to use my imagination, be creative,  and had a lot of fun. I've got some ideas for a few more, but I had to stop at three.
So many things to do, so little time....


Raven 200 - ACEO (2.5x3.5") - Oil Pastels - SOLD



 
Cat 25 - 5x7" - Oil Pastels - FOR SALE



Cat 24 - 5x7" - Oil Pastels - FOR SALE



No comments:

Post a Comment