Saturday, July 23, 2016

Scratchboard

I've been meaning to try scratchboard for a long time now. I keep on drooling over my talented friend Ann Ranlett's wonderful work, and decided it was time to give it a shot. I've been doing a lot of research about tools, surfaces, techniques, watching videos, trying out different strokes... So basically there's been quite a lot of scratching involved in my life in the last month or so since I started. So much so that whenever I drive over a brand new resurfaced road, I have a bad urge to scratch something on it!
I did a few pieces on scratch paper to get used to it, but I'm now ready for the real stuff: Ampersand Scratchbord. Stay tunned for more scratchbord work. This is what I've done so far:



Tiger 56 - ACEO (3.5x3.5") - FOR SALE


Chat Noir 200 - 5x7" - FOR SALE


Wolf 8 - A5 - SOLD


Cat 28 - A5 - SOLD


Horse 11 - A5 - SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment