Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I'm back!

I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth, I simply took an extended Summer break, which I enjoyed immensely.

It doesn't mean I stayed away from drawing and painting entirely. In fact, I was quite busy.

Here are the Colored Pencil Magazine challenges for the months of June and July.
I had to stop working on my bigger drawing for lack of time, and ended up doing this little one in my sketchbook instead. I'll finish the other one (a closer crop) later. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the seeds. But I'm pretty happy with the result. It was great practice, I'll be able to finish my bigger drawing with more confidence.
Great subject this month, another fun challenge. Thank you Sally Robertson for the photo

"Stawberry" - 5x7" or so - Colored Pencils

Double challenge for me this time as I was on vacation with limited art supplies. I learned that I don't really enjoy using cold press watercolor paper with colored pencils, it's too grainy for me, and I can't add details as well as with smoother papers. Also, I missed my beloved scanner, and had a hard time taking a good photo. Yet, I enjoyed the challenge anyway because it made me grow a little more.
Another great photo provided by Sally Robertson.

"Popsicles" - 5x8.5" - Inktense colored pencils


No comments:

Post a Comment